Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY Initial With Buttons


This cute little project takes no time at all to throw together and can be made for just a few dollars, or even with items you have around the house. 

If you remember my post about Nana's buttons and fabric that I scored, you'll know where all of these buttons came from. I purchased the cardboard J at Hobby Lobby for under $2, I believe. 

I wanted to make a solid white initial so I pulled out all of the white buttons and divided them by size; small, medium and large.


Using my E-6000, I glued down the large buttons randomly. I gave them a few minutes to dry and started adding medium size buttons and then the small. Again, letting them dry in between. There is no right or wrong way to arrange your buttons. I found adding the larger ones first helps cover more of the cardboard. 

If you don't feel like buying a premade initial, you can easier print a letter out, trace it onto a piece of cardboard (Hell, the cereal box would work), cut it out and use that. I plan on making another one, an L, and I'll probably end up using all different colors.


Note: I used the E-6000 because I noticed that regular Elmer's glue just wasn't holding the buttons as well as I wanted it to. Feel free to use the adhesive of your choice. You could even use fabric to cover your initial and then add buttons. Totally up to you!

I'd love you see some of your designs so post your links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...